Friday, March 20, 2009

weekends were made for fun...

Yeah, so I promised you guys some photos from last week, but sad to say I have none. Actually, that's a lie. I took a few flicks at the Simian Mobile Disco show, but I haven't gotten around to checking them out. I'll probably post them tomorrow morning, so check back then for that.

Anyway, here's a run down of a few things going down that you might be interested in. If you've got parties, shows, whateve that you want me to post just hollar. However, don't get but hurt if I don't.

First off, tonight waaaaay out in the I.E. check out the homie cARTer who will be performing at the Versus store along with Dom Kennedy. You may have seen Dom yesterday spittin' flows at the Diamond shop with Nick, and Officer Ricky.

If you're going to be in the Bay this weekend stop by The Hundreds shop as they celebrate the 1 year anniversary of the San Francisco flagship. I unfortunately can't make it, but if you've partied with the TH boys you know it'll be a good time. It's 21+ (sorry kiddies), and be sure to rsvp@thehundreds.com

Your usual Friday night jump-off, Control is going down of course with guest DJ's Atrak, and Them Jeans spinning on the one's n two's.

The $tatus Faction is having a pop-up art show, "That Shit's Fresh" at the Ronin Gallery, located at 1924 Echo Park Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90026. The exhibit runs from March 20th to March 23rd. The opening reception is Friday March 20th 7-11pm. The Ronin Gallery is open Wed-Sun 11am-8pm and by appointment.

The $tatus Faction (T$F) is a Los Angeles based collective of painters, designers, dodgeballers, bicycle enthusiasts, vandals and kids who run with scissors. "That Shit's Fresh" introduces new gallery works exploring humor, color theory, politics, self-promotion and destruction. For a hint of hi-jinx visit myspace.com/TheStatusFaction

Tomorrow, street wear blog Slam x Hype will host a launch party for their new magazine, The New Order.

"The New Order is a genuinely international look at street culture. Fashion, Art, Film and more. A quarterly publication created by some of the most talented writers, editors and photographs around the world and sold in all corners of the globe. A magazine targeting influence's and aimed at those who make and breathe tomorrow’s trends."

The event starts at 2, and is taking place at the Montalban located at 1615 Vine st. in Hollywood.

World Baseball Classic is going down at Dodgers Stadium this weekend, which if you haven't heard is basically the Olympics for baseball. It's going down Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I'll be at Saturday's game, and maybe Monday's. If you wanna go (this is to homies) give me a hollar.

Also, going on Saturday for you street wear heads check out the Cash Only sale going down at Cinespace from 10am - 5pm followed by an after part later in the evening from 9 - 2am.

And finally, Sunday if I don't make a last minute trip to Tahoe to shred I'll be at LAX, and everyone needs to go. If you're a trekky (which I'm not) there's some Star Trek stuff I suppose for the new movie coming out. I was never really a fan of the show, but the movie looks pretty sick. Hopefully the homie Cat will hook it up with a ticket to the premier...Anyway, that's not the reason you should go though. The reason to go is one it's GLENJAMN's bday, and two there's going to be FREE vodka ALL NIGHT. WHITEGIRLS will be in full effect, and I'll have my camera this time, so say what's up.

No comments: