Thursday, June 18, 2009

i have the power...

I'm headed to the Bay this weekend with the ol'lady for a family reunion, which I'm sure is going to be all kinds of fun! It's been so long since I've been back home I forgotten what fresh air feels like, so it should be a nice little getaway.

Anyway, I just found out about this art show, I Have the Power that my homie Josh is going to be apart of. This will be the perfect getaway from the watermelon eating contests, and two legged races that if you haven't noticed I'm not looking forward to. Josh recently graduated from the Academy of Arts with a Bachelors in Fine Art in Traditional Illustration. The kid has some serious skills with a pen. I've added a couple of his pieces bellow. Also, check out his personal blog, The Art of Joshua Clements to take a look at some of his past work, and sketches. I'm sure he'll be looking for some employment now that he's done with school, so I suggest scooping him before his rates are through the roof.

The show is being held at the Double Punch Gallery this Saturday, which is located at 1821 Powell st. from 7pm until late. The exhibit will be on displace through July 19th if you're unable to make it this weekend.

No comments: